11.26.2010

Observations


So I made it halfway through Kendi's 30 for 30 Challenge, guys! Yippee! Here's a few things that I've learned so far:

- having less in your closet to choose from actually makes getting dressed a whole lot easier

-accessories really make the outfit. necklaces & scarves & socks & tights...they can easily change a look from casual to dressy, or vice versa.

-I should really think twice before purchasing new items...there are things hanging in my closet that I haven't worn in awhile, and thanks to my new thinking as a product of this challenge, I can't wait to mix them up after the remix is over!

-hair & makeup, like accessories, can really change your whole look!

-style blogging is very very hard. especially if you have to take your own pictures...kudos to all those amazing bloggers out there who do this every day!

-I love that I've made tons of new little bloggy friends....we really are a strong community of young ladies and I love finding that I share things in common with all kinds of different women out there; whether they be on the other side of the country, or in my same state, I have loved meeting this great group of stylish girls! And I look forward to following along with their life and adventures for long after the challenge ends!

-I love fashion. Oh wait...I may have already known that before the challenge. ;)

With all that said, I would love to know:
 Which of my first fifteen looks is your personal favorite???

I think my favorite is #8.

21 comments:

Jeannie said...

It is very difficult to pick just one so I am picking at least two. #4 and #12.

Brooke said...

It's so hard to choose! I like number 10! It seems like your so comfy! Wait I like number 4 too! ha

Andrea said...

I like #13, it's a nice easy Mom on the go look!

kileen said...

my favorite would have to be #11. i love the blue sweater layered over the denim shirt. simply gorgeous!

cuteandlittle.com

archives said...

i love number 7!

Cara-Mia said...

I'm going to go with #12!
& you're right, having less to work with is a lot easier!

SJ said...

I really like #1! It looks cozy and comfy!

Best Foot Forward said...

I think #11 and #12 are my favorites! You are doing such a great job so far!

austingastronomist.com said...

My favorite is #11. Keep up the great work, Ashley!!

Willy said...

Well Swoop, I am going to have to agree with you. Although you look great in all of them I am still going to go with #8. I am so proud of you for taking this on and making to the halfway mark. Love you and can't wait to see what else you can put together.

Linley said...

i am definitely loving 4, 7, 12, and 13 the best! (although, you look wonderful in each of the outfits)

and i agree with all that you have learned. i'm so glad we've done this and taken away so much from it!

Natasha said...

My favourite is #8 too! I love everything about it...it's the perfect blend of the trend I'm loving right now...and you are adorable in it! Although you look great in all these looks!

Linda W said...

You have really mastered the remix. All your looks are so well put together and look so, so different even with the same pieces. It is hard to even find which pieces were used more than once. I love it!
I think my favorite is #7.

The Auspicious Life

Fabienne Jach said...

Shoot! So many to choose from. I'm going with #9 because it's unusual and really fun. Great job:)

f

thehouseintheclouds.blogspot.com

Elizabeth said...

#4 is my favorite. I'm a new follower & I'm loving your adorable blog! Can't wait to see more (:

Come by and enter my giveaway for some beautiful jewelry if you like:
http://elizabethscake.blogspot.com/2010/11/artwark-giveaway.html

a. harms said...

I am totally digging #10. You are the cutest mom on the planet! I just found your blog through the comment you made on mine. So glad you made a comment because I am going to follow you the rest of the way. Your little Hudson is adorable and I love your name. Ha!

Lisa D. said...

My favorite is #11. This look is so different than anything I've seen lately. I love how you layered the sweater and the button-down and belted the harem pants. You have that slouchy, layered look, but it's far from sloppy. It's just really freaking cool. :)

From Suns To Moons said...

My favorite is #15 because it's most like a costume! You look like a flapper on "Boardwalk Empire" - have you watched that show?

kimmie said...

I can't believe you're doing the 30x30, because I can't even tell that you're remixing things. All your outfits look AMAZING. You got some serious remixing skillz/style. :) Loves!

Tunes & Spoons said...

my favorites are a toss up between number 4 and 11! great outfits!

Haley K said...

11 & 15 & definitely 8 :) Too hard to choose just one!