11.08.2010

Mad for Plaid and stripes, too!





Outside the leaves are falling like mad. They are covering our back yard in a blanket of red and yellow, and I am loving it. Apparently, Hudson was loving it, too, as he let me know with a major tantrum that he did not want to leave the sun drenched beauty of our lawn.

But duty calls, and after hailing a cab during the busiest time on maddening 57th Avenue, we headed uptown to run some errands and get a head start on Christmas shopping like so many of Santa's little elves that like to get a head start.

Just kidding. We're in Alabama....not New York City. *sigh*

But a girl can dream, right? Besides, errands in the big city sound much more glamorous than grocery shopping in the small town. That's what I get for watching Autumn in New York today.....

Happy Monday, everyone.

13 comments:

Pixie in Pumps said...

day two and I already have a massive style crush on you! I love this and the pattern mixing.

Andrea said...

You're adorable. Your kiddo is adorable. Your blog is adorable.

That's all :)

archives said...

so cute! your post screams fall! and i am having serious brow envy. my natural color is pretty light, so i have to fill mine in. would do anything for great dark brows like yours! very elizabeth taylor!

Will said...

Well Swoop, it looks like so many people out there are going to figure out something I already know. You are a beautiful stylish New York girl trapped in a small southern town.

Fashion Momma said...

You have such killer style!!! I adore this post and your outfit/pattern mixing/ and SOCKS! I also can't stand how adorable Hudson is and how awesome it is that he matches Mommy!

Michelle said...

You look super cute! And I like Hudson's stripe and plaid combo as well!

Elizabeth at Law Mama said...

Cute! I love Hudson's outfit too -- I feel like I should blog my baby's style more than mine.

Elisabeth said...

I LOVE the mix of stripes and plaid! Super cute.

Linda W said...

So brave to mix those patterns. Braver than me for sure.

The Auspicious Life

thegoodgirlgoneblog.com said...

Great mixing of patterns- that takes fashion guts!

Jeannie said...

Ashley, cute outfit. It fits your personality. Little guy also looks cute.

rosemaryx said...

very very cute!

Della said...

Wow, you're up to day three? Yikes! I'm only on day two...I know that most of this week I'll be in my pj's writing papers. Ha! So elegant.