11.06.2010

It's hard to cheer for a losing team.


Today's game day wasn't a happy one. Sure, it started out fun....we all settled in around the t.v., snuggled in under fuzzy blankets with french fries & chocolate chip cookies. Hudson played happily in the floor, pushing his truck and rolling his ball around. And though the game started out okay, it just went downhill from the start of the second half. I'm sure you know which team I was cheering for....(see pic above)....the Crimson Tide. But, alas, Bama couldn't pull it through today and we lost by a few measly points to those LSU tigers. Oh well. I still had a good day with my little family....and Hudson has been in rare form the past few days.
Want to know some of the cute things he's been doing?

-On Thursday, he and I both started coming down with a cold. So after we woke up, we went for our usual playtime in the den...and rather than getting in the floor and playing with him, I decided to take a little rest on the couch. I had a fresh cup of fizzy Coke next to me on the table and I had momentarily averted my eyes from the little man playing beside me. When I looked back up he had grabbed my coke, and tipped it up to take a big swig. By the time I caught him, he was staring at me....coke in hand, with a fizzy cola mustache.

-Yesterday, as I plotted out my 30 for 30 outfits, I let little Hudson have the run of the house. He likes to scurry around when I do chores, and as I picked out my clothes I heard him walking from the kitchen to his room, back and forth. Then a few minutes later, I heard a door close. I walked into the hallway to see the door to his nursery was shut. I wasn't sure if he was in his room, or not, so I pushed the door open and there he sat in his little Pottery Barn chair, holding a book as if he was reading. I guess the little guy needed some privacy.

-Today, as we watched the Bama game, he picked up one of Will's shoes. We were telling him "No-No, that's dirty", and I always say "ssshew" and fan my hand at my nose, you know, the gesture you make when something stinks? Well, he picked right up on that, fanned his little hand in front of his nose and said "ssshew" over and over again. Quick learner....and really cute, too!

-Last night he found a book of my bridal portraits. He brought it promptly over to me, so that I could show it to him. I explained that it was MaMa in the book, and as I pointed at my dress I said "ooooh pretty". As I flipped to the next page, he made my little heart melt as he pointed at me and said "oooooh". Is that sweet or what?


{Roll Tide Baby}


{love his outfit from Great Aunt Kaye!}


{perfection}


{Gosh, Alabama....I like it much better when you win!}

So, it's hard to cheer for a losing team. But you can't win them all.

How do you like my first outfit for 30 for 30?




8 comments:

Jeannie said...

I love your first outfit and the pictures are soooo good. What a good start. The little guy is so cute and adorable in his AL outfit.

Anonymous said...

You look fabulous. Great 1st outfit, can't wait to see what else you do.

Virginie's Cinema said...

Great first post Ashley!

Pixie in Pumps said...

I really like this outfit! You're off to a great start! And your pictures are so gorgeous! Suh beautiful lighting!

You're son is PRECIOUS and those adorable things he did this week make me even more excited for the upcoming week i get to spend with my little niece. She does adorable stuff like that and I'm excited to be around to see more of them.

Melanie said...

Oh my--cute baby. Sorry your team lost :( Great outfit! Those jeans are fabulous!

Melanie@UnravelledThreads
Follow @UnraveldTreads on Twitter!

Arianna said...

Yes, love the jeans! And your son is so cute.

Lindsay said...

Great 1st outfit. 30/30 is so fun. & I like your blog!

austingastronomist.com said...

I'm a Longhorn (Texas fan), so I can really relate to cheering for a losing team this season! Your son's outfit is super cute, and I'm impressed that you managed to fit some team spirit in the challenge :)