11.26.2010

Iron & Lace.


Well, today was the big day...the day the majority of Alabamians, and even some folks outside the state, wait patiently for all season. The Iron Bowl. And if you aren't sure what that is, it's the big rivalry game between Auburn University and The University of Alabama. As you can tell from the pictures, we pull for Bama.

Although Alabama lost the big game this year, by one measly point, it was still fun to watch! We snuggled inside and gathered around the tv for a few hours, staying toasty warm. The temps outside have finally dropped to adequate November weather temps, so to stay cozy Hudson wore his sweet, snuggly slippers along with his comfiest team attire. I wore the same lace shirt I wore for outfit #15...as I rifled through the clothes that I have in my 30 for 30 selection, I almost panicked when I didn't spot any crimson in the mix. But, I improvised, mixing grey, cream, and a tiny stripe of red on the undershirt to make a sufficiently Bama colored ensemble.

Did any of you watch the Iron Bowl today?


18 comments:

Brooke said...

My dad watched it but I just can't get into football ha. Your outfit is so cute!!! and Hudson is adorable. I noticed that he's a few years younger than my daughter :D

Brooke said...

I meant a few months younger!! ha

Crimson Will said...

Another great outfit. Although we lost. We still had fun. ROLL TIDE ROLL and I LOVE YOU.

therailways said...

I wish I could pull of haram pants. well done!

(no I didn't watch the game... I was one channel up on the Nebraska/Colorado game.... had to ! Go big red!)

chai am woman said...

great mix. i'm especially digging the blouse/necklace/blazer combo up top.

i'm an auburn girl so i was definitely watching today! great game, bama's first half was so good!

and another random note... i'm pregnant with our second and we just decided on hudson for a first name. we've gotten so many mixed reactions but i'm sure you'll agree that it's an awesome name, right?? ;)

Linley said...

I love that blazer and that necklace! You look great!

And Hudson looks precious!

Sorry about Alabama, friend...

thegoodgirlgoneblog.com said...

I love how you layered your tops- super creative.

kileen said...

wonderful pictures and i love the lacy top with the red undershirt accent! the necklace and blazer pull everything together and i love the remix!

cuteandlittle.com

Linda said...

I did watch. And this time I was rooting for Alabama, just to add some excitement to the BCS. Disappointing.
Love the lace top with the blazer.

The Auspicious Life

Fabienne Jach said...

Beautiful pictures. Love the red detail coming through the lace, you've just inspired me!

kimmie said...

Oh my goodness. I just want to pinch those cheeks. SO CUTE :)

Jeannie said...

How cute you look, I like what you did with the lace top. I love that top!! What about the little guy, isn't he cute in that jersey. I love his little house slippers. Can't wait to see him. ROLL TIDE!

Lisa D. said...

What a creative outfit! I like the way you mixed up a bunch of unexpected pieces. The necklace ties it all together and makes red the focus of the outfit even though it's a minority of the colors. It was a great game -- so close!

S + Y said...

Love how you toughened up the lace top!! :) And Hudson's the cutest in that red jersey :P

xo
Sands

Summer T said...

I really think you just need to move back here and buy my clothes and dress me everyday :)

Gabriele said...

You look really amazing!

Let's follow each other?

www.cookiebyme.blogspot.com

G.

Alessandra said...

adorable! both you and hudson!
love your combinations of styles, patterns and colors. so pretty on you.

Samantha said...

My name is Samantha, and I approve this harem-pants-outfit. The silhouette and colors are GREAT! (And your "Meet the family..." header is really cute. Just so you know.)