11.19.2010

If I were a Rich Man




We saw the awesome musical Fiddler on the Roof tonight. The show was so great, despite a couple of annoying factors that we had to deal with...the lady in front of me had the largest, fluffiest cream puff bouffant of big hair I've ever seen. I mean, she may as well have had a beehive. Not only was it old fashioned & not very flattering, it was in my way. I pretty much pouted through the first two scenes because I couldn't see a thing that was happening. Finally, Will offered to switch seats with me, so of course I did, and Hallelujah, I could see. Then I caught a whiff of something stinky. The couple I was now seated directly beside smelled as though they had bathed in onion juice before they got to the theatre. Will later remarked that they even looked as though they had raw onions hanging in their house. They were pretty gross and the scent they were emitting was terrible. You see that cute little scarf I included in today's outfit? Thank Goodness I did. I had to hold it up in front of my nose to block the horrible onion fumes for the majority of the show.

I loved Fiddler on the Roof, but I won't lie, I wish the atmosphere had been a little less stinky. So, I were a Rich Man....perhaps I would buy out the rows surrounding my seat to ensure a pleasurable viewing experience. Ya ha deedle deedle, bubba bubba deedle deedle dum.


16 comments:

Linley said...

what a fun night! sorry about the beehive and the onion! i seem to always have a seat that is in front of the tallest person in the theater. always a bummer.

at least you looked cute!! love that leopard cardigan and the black and brown combo here!

Williams said...

That was a great play. I was glad to change seats with you. HAHA You looked great and the night out was fun.

Chelsea Lane said...

llloovveee the leopard top! Fiddler on the Roof is one of my favorite things :)

xoxo

Erin said...

Those clogs are killer! Love Fiddler, but I would have not enjoyed the large hair or the onion smell!

austingastronomist.com said...

Well, I like the outfit. Fiddler on the Roof? Not so much! :) To each her own, though, and I'm so happy your 30x30 is going so well. Can't wait to see what's up next!

Linda W said...

That stinks (literally). It is nice to see you get all dressed up to go out on a date. You look wonderful and so happy with your husband.

The Auspicious Life

Virginie said...

SO posh (the style, the activity and the picture setting!)

You sure look ravishing in leopard :)

Shannon said...

If I were a rich man, I would get a matchmaker, matchmaker to make me a match with your gorgeous leopard shirt. Then I'd wear it from sunrise to sunset. But perhaps that's asking for a miracle of miracles.
=]

Finder said...

lovely blog!!!

we are trying to find the brand of the clothes, accessories and shoes we saw on internet or anywhere. help us, or send us something you want our blog to find. it's easy and simple :)

visit! http://howcanufind.blogspot.com

Natasha said...

Your pictures are always so awesome!
I love this outfit...animal print will always do that for me..haha...and your clogs are super cute with this!

minnja said...

Gorgeous :)))

Love
minnja

http://minnja.blogspot.com/

Jeannie said...

You looked so cute that night. Thank you for letting us keep little Hudson, we had so much fun with him. He just melts my heart.

Melanie said...

Yayy! How cute :) Love your pretty leopard print cardi!

Melanie@UnravelledThreads
Follow @UnraveldTreads on Twitter!

A blog by Mallory and Whitney said...

that leopard print is AMAZING on you :)

Cara-Mia said...

You look so cute! Love the color combination.
It sucks when other people ruin your experience of watching a movie or play. (One particular one pops into my mind: When I went to see the Dark Knight at midnight there was, no joke, a baby crying. Also, the guy next to me was huge and invading my personal space and spelled terrible.)

Amy Z. said...

Super cute outfit! I love your cardigan and clogs!!

www.candidclassic.blogspot.com