11.16.2010

During a Rain Storm


Let's be honest. The ideal place to be during a rain storm is tucked away safely inside your warm house, preferably clad in comfy pajamas with a sweet baby snuggled up by your side and a heartwarming movie on the telly. A not-so-great place to be during a rain storm is on your cold back deck, attempting to take a creative self portrait while wrangling a toddler and two crazy dogs.

But sometimes we have to do things we don't like to do. And although I didn't feel like taking outfit pictures today, I am definitely loving the 30 for 30 challenge. It's really helping me to rethink my wardrobe, and getting dressed has been so much easier these past 9 days. I picked this sweater & jeans mix because it's comfy...not pajama comfy, but it will do. I added the scarf and hat because it's freezing outside!

Speaking of things we don't want to do...I'll be cleaning my house today. Add that to the list of activites I'd rather not partake in during a rain storm.

What do you like to do during a rain storm?

17 comments:

Melanie said...

That is a great sweater! So bright and a perfect pick-me-up on a rainy day. I really love to cook when it's raining. :)

Melanie@UnravelledThreads
Follow @UnraveldTreads on Twitter!

Natasha said...

I love this happy fun outfit!
I almost wish we were having rain here...instead it's snow...and by snow I mean freezing cold snow (12*F or -10*C...so I will be camping inside today...and my un fun things I have to do is paint floor/door trim....what I want to do is make arts and crafts or sew.

Jo said...

What a great outfit! So fun! Love the colors.

Will said...

Well like always Swoop, You can brighten up any day. You look GREAT!

I wish we were getting snow like your newfound friend Natasha. I bet we get some this year! (I HOPE)

Linley said...

you look so nice and warm, and colorful! love it!

and i've thought this several times, although i feel like i've yet to tell you... mr. hudson is precious!

Ollie Things Beautiful said...

Love your Frye boots. Don't know if I've told you before, but your eye color is amazing, so pretty!

Jeannie said...

Cute, as always I love you in hats. Where is Hudson's coat? I love the rain.

S + Y said...

I completely agree that this challenge has made it so much easier to get dressed in the morning! Love this colorful outfit and Hudson's looking adorable... as always :P

xo
Sands

Abbie said...

I love all the bright colors! You AND your baby are gorgeous.

smalltownchic said...

I love the whole look!!! Thanks for the comment and for visiting my blog:)

www.smalltownchic.com

Linda W said...

You look perfect for a rainy day - or any other day for that matter. The colors absolutely pop.
I love that you echoed the stripes of the sweater with the stripe of the socks.

The Auspicious Life

Sara-Jane Elizabeth said...

What a cute, colorful look! I love your blog, thanks for your sweet comment!

Elisabeth said...

These stripes are fabulous! The colors look so good on you.

Amy Z. said...

Cute outfit! It's so fun. Your eyes are so pretty!

www.candidclassic.blogspot.com

Alessandra said...

so bright and colorful, you look lovely.

Sarah said...

I love your bright colorful sweater! I'm so in love with your blog design, can you please teach me how to make mine this dang cute!
Wearing It On My Sleeves

Virginie's Cinema said...

That is one colourful (and fashionable) rainstorm Ashley! You are doing so great on the challenge :)