11.23.2010

A Bottle of Red, Oooooh, A Bottle of White


Do you ever have days when a song gets stuck in your head and stays there for the next, oh, twenty seven hours? That happens to me a lot. In fact, it's happening to me right now. What's the stuck song you ask? Scenes from an Italian Restaurant. By Billy Joel.

As I've been buzzing around town today, little bits of lyrics come spilling from my brain and exiting out of my mouth.

When I was hurrying into the supermarket with Hudson in the cart, the fast paced portions of the tune escaped: "Doyourememberthosedayshangingoutatthevillagegreen-engineerboots,leatherjackets&tight bluejeans" 
 And either Hudson liked the song or my out-of-tune singing simply made him laugh.

When I was standing over the stove making dinner, I couldn't help but sing the slow, drawn out verses:
"Bottle of reds, ooo a bottle of white-whatever kind of mood you're in tonight"
I was really doing some crooning.

Well, at least the song that's stuck in my head is really like 3 songs rolled into one. Because that's just the way Billy Joel rolls. Maybe I won't tire of it too easily.

What song always gets stuck in your head?



p.s. Will took these fun outfit pics for me today after Hudson & I surprised him at work. Here's a picture of 3 Generations of the family at the family business....Hudson's Grandfather Greg - company president, Hudson's Dad Will - company vice president, and Sweet Baby Hudson - future company president :-) Cute, huh?

16 comments:

Katie said...

This outfit is SO fun! I love it! You have jean rolling down to an art... I've tried to do this but it never seems to pan out for me.

Heidi said...

Yay for the yellow!! Love it! So bright & cheery!

& Ohhh, I don't want to think about a song that gets stuck in my head because then it might get stuck in my head!! Haha!

kileen said...

oh i love all the beautiful colors in this outfit! i love how your yellow beanie matches our yellow socks. and i always end up with some bad lady gaga song stuck in my head. :)

cuteandlittle.com

Linley said...

love the color combo today - red, blue, and yellow look so good together and even better on you!! (: and your shoes are precious!

stupid songs usually get stuck in my head - like kesha. or jingles from commercials.

Brooke said...

I love the generations picture!! also the Yellow :)

as for the song, just whatever pops into it! Mostly stuff that's on the radio or Nick Jr. songs (ugh!) since that's on 24/7! ha

thegoodgirlgoneblog.com said...

Is it weird that I was singing that song to my dog earlier today??

S + Y said...

Beautifulllll colors, Ashley! Primary colors have never looked this good! :P
And I almost always have a song stuck in my head... sometimes it's a good song, sometimes it's a bad song (due to hearing it too often on the radio!) Right now, it's the 'you smile, I smile' song by Justin Bieber... I can't get it out!!!! Oh god!

xo
Sands

Natasha said...

Well you can definitely tell they're all related!
My Hubby was all excited about the transformers in your pictures (he's a powerlineman)...he gets easily excited by powerlines, transformers, towers etc. Silly boy!
I love your bright colours...you always seems to have such fun colourful outfits!

Chelsea Lane said...

that is such a neat plaid vest! your shoes are super cute too :)

xoxo

Linda W said...

You always look so fun and put together. The yellow socks and yellow hat immediately made me smile.

The Auspicious Life

{ I V Y } said...

the shots are beautiful and i love your yellow socks.

Jeannie said...

Good pics again. I love them and your outfit is so cute especially the hat and socks. I am repeating myself but you look soooo good in hats. That is a good picture of the Beadle guys. Hudson looks so sweet.

hiven said...

so beautiful x hivennn.

S.B.S. Electric Supply, V.P. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Elisabeth said...

i l-o-v-e the yellow hat and sock combo!

From Suns To Moons said...

You look adorable but don`t take this the wrong way - Hudson steals the show! What a looker he is!