10.28.2010

Yesterday's Lazy cures Today's Crazy

Did you guys see Modern Family this week? Oh, how I loved it. It was so wonderful in all of it's Halloween glory. If you watched, then you probably recognize the title of my post from the show. But, I digress. I'm not writing about my favorite show. Not tonight. Because....I'm on vacation! Woop Woop! I'm going to make this short & sweet, because I have one precious little bundle of love rolling around on the couch next to me. So back to the title....

I packed for the 3 of us yesterday, very hastily, between washing loads of laundry, cooking tacos, and creating a cd mix for us to listen to on our trip. I hate packing. I'm like a grown up Kevin McCallister...."Can somebody pack my suitcase?" Ok, enough with the pop culture references already. I'm finished. I promise. Well, since I hate packing, I try to get it done quickly. Which isn't always easy, considering I now pack for two. I went throwing things into our bags, stuffing shoes & socks into tight places, packing toys & toothbrushes where I could squeeze them in. Yes, last night, I smashed 4 days worth of clothes into 2 suitcases, and this morning I had all of the hard work behind me. So we loaded up, and headed north for a long weekend in the mountains.

We arrived after about 6 hours on the road to the beautiful Smoky Mountains. The temperature had dropped drastically, and as we stepped out into the brisk air, I realized I needed to bundle Hudson up in his new coat. As soon as I turned to get it I knew it wouldn't be there. I had forgotten it. Of all things....I forgot to pack the baby's coat. Last night, I had laid it out, but it didn't fit in our bag. So in my haste, and perhaps, dare I say, laziness, I told myself I'd grab it later, after I got everything else packed. Today when I realized that it wasn't in the car, I went a little crazy. Now what was the cure?

The best cure of all...a wonderful fix for many problems...Shopping!! We found an adorable coat for Hudson at a cute little children's shop. So, in fact, "yesterday's lazy cured today's crazy" for my own modern little family of three, in a roundabout way. And guess what else? Will and I even got a couple new things, including new Pumas for the both of us....and mine have sparkles! This trip has gotten off to a great start....wonder what's in store for the rest of the weekend?





1. smiley in the smokies...in my new Puma sweatshirt
2. sweet baby bundled in his new aviator jacket
3. his & hers new shoes! woo hoo!

No comments: