8.15.2010

Newsletter from Mommy - One Wonderful Year




Dear little Hudson,

How can I begin to thank you for all you've done for me over the last year?  You have taught me so much in the last 365 days. You've taught me all about what true love is, and how to love another person more than you love anything else. You've taught me things about myself that I never knew.

You are such a beautiful little boy, both inside and out. You have the biggest, brightest eyes that sparkle all the time. You are so loving, giving hugs and kisses freely to all of the people that care about you. I love the feeling of your sweet little arms wrapped around my neck. I love your friendly personality, and the way that you love people so much. You give smiles, after you've thoroughly investigated the situation, and waves and even interact with random people whereever we go, especially restaurants. Everyone is charmed by your precious personality and everyone loves to be around you. We're told everyday just how sweet & beautiful you are, and we just nod and say "thank-you" because we know it's true.

You are smarter than I ever could have dreamed. We see you learning new things every single day and you surprise us with new accomplishments all the time. Your DaDa and I are always amazed at what you seem to comprehend. I always feared that my expectations of you would be too high, but now I fear they won't be high enough! Keep learning and exploring, little one, and maintain that love of books. Your love of the world and all things in it will serve you well for the rest of your life.

I look forward to seeing the little boy you will become, but please don't grow up too quickly on me! You're already becoming so independent, always wanting to do things yourself and getting frustrated when MaMa and DaDa slow you down. Remember to always keep smiling and the world will smile with you.

I love you more than words can ever say. I wake up each morning eager to see your happy face. You make me proud every single day to call myself your mommy. Thank you for answering my prayers by coming into our life one year ago.

All my love,
Mama



*stay tuned for a post about Hudson's fabulous birthday party!

5 comments:

Jeannie said...

What a cute video seeing all the changes Hudson has gone thru. Happy 1st Birthday! We love you.
Gennie and Granddad

abehel said...

Happy Birthday Hudson! I have enjoyed being able to see you grow and change this past year. Your mommy had a great idea when she started this blog. I Look forward to seeing your next year as it unfolds. I love you! G-Aunt K

Ashley said...

Thank you both for the sweet comments! This year has really flown by! Can't wait to see what fun the next year brings!

Kaye: I wanted to tell you that Hudson has really enjoyed his birthday card you sent! I've had "Hot Dog, Hot Dog, Hot Diggity Dog" stuck in my head for days! I think it may be his new favorite tune! :)

Lisa said...

Oh my, that video is just precious! It brought tears to my eyes!

Happy Birthday Hudson! I know this is a very bittersweet time for your Mommy, as you are quickly transforming from baby to big boy. You're very lucky to have such sweet parents! Be good to them this next year ;)

Amber said...

Ashley!!! What a wonderful video! You are soooo talented and I think what you are doing is great :)