7.03.2010

Beach Week - Life is Simple.

“Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.“ -Confucius

One thing that I love about trips to the beach, is that no matter how much time has passed since my last visit, things always seem to remain the same at the seashore. I am guaranteed lazy days spent lying in the sun with a good book, listening to the hypnotizing sounds of the ocean waves crashing on the coast, and the occasional stroll to the swimming pool to take a dip in the chlorinated waters between children playing Marco Polo and teenagers bobbing on neon colored floats. Nights at the beach are always exciting, after a cool shower that washes away the sand and sweat of the long, hot day. The restaurants at the beach, which serve the most delicious food, are excellent venues to unwind with family and reflect on the day's beachy activities while admiring the stars overhead.  Long moonlit walks are the perfect end to the best days, ambling casually down the wet sand while the tide tickles your toes, watching the ghost crabs scurry to and fro. Time slows down at the beach, and every moment is just a bit more enjoyable when you are on vacation. Cell phones aren't important. You don't care if you go a few days without checking your email or your facebook account. This year at the beach I reminded myself to slow down. Work hard at enjoying life. Life is not a competition that must be won. Life is simple.

So if you're looking for me, and I happen to be a little bit harder to track down, don't be angry. I'm still here, but I'm doing things on my time. I'm simplifying. I'm taking it slow. I'm learning the art of having less and enjoying life more. I'm changing my perspective. I'm focusing on my true values....my family, my faith, and love. I'm no longer looking for happiness. I've noticed the beauty that's right in front of me.


{my sandy silhouette}


{farewell to the perfect paradise!}

1 comment:

cooperl788 said...

I love the photography in this post, not to mention the great writing! Visiting from Top Mommy Blogs - I'm your newest follower!