6.27.2010

A Father's Love

Hudson and I are truly fortunate that we have such a wonderful man in our life. My husband Will amazes me each and every day. To have spent six years knowing and loving Will before he was a father was incredible, but it was only the beginning, because from the glorious moment I found out that Hudson was on his way, I discovered a new kind of love...a magical love that was even deeper than I ever could have imagined. Love that seeped out from his every pore as I looked at him in the ultrasound room through happy tear-filled eyes as the nurse told us our baby was a healthy boy and he smiled the proudest smile that only a father could muster. Love that I could feel in the depth of my bones as he gripped my shoulder tightly as the doctor told us the night before we were scheduled to welcome our baby boy, that there may be a few complications and the birth might not go exactly the way that I had planned. Love that I could almost taste when I saw his face shine with happiness as he laid his eyes on his son for the very first time. Love that tells me each moment of every day that his heart is with me and Hudson for the long run. Love that I know will only continue to grow stronger and stronger.

Happy First Father's Day, Will. Thank you for giving me the most beautiful blessing on this earth, our amazing little Hudson. Thank you for giving me the life that I have always dreamed of- this magnificent life spent every day taking care of you, our baby, and our home.  Because of you my life is perfect in so many ways. I love you more than words can say and I am proud of you. Hudson is fortunate to have you as a father.


{1st Day as a Father - 8/12/09}


{1st Father's Day - 6/20/10}


{....and Daddy's 1st Father's Day Gift from Hudson:  A cozy little bird house for a lucky little birdy family. It's special because Daddy doesn't just love Mommy & Hudson....he loves all the  creatures that live in our yard, too!}

No comments: