6.28.2010

Beach Week - Explore. Dream. Discover.


“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” - Mark Twain

Thanks to the the beautiful Gulf of Mexico, I have a wealth of happy memories that I carry with me in my mind. My memories of the beach begin with a picture of myself as a baby, sitting happily on a soft, bright towel, wearing a red and white bucket hat that shielded my head from the sun's rays. As I got a bit older, I spent my days at the beach searching for seashells with my mom, and building sand castles with my dad. As a teenager, there was nowhere better than the beach, spread out on a blanket of beach towels with my best friends, listening to a mixture of too loud cds and the roaring ocean waves as we looked for an excuse to jump in my jeep, with the rag top lowered, and ride down the busy beachfront road while our hair flew wildly in the wind.  When I met Will, we began to make our own memories of the beach, some of my favorites being sunsets and late nights spent relaxing in cozy beach chairs, with no one but each other, surrounded by nothing but bright stars, the white sand, and the beautiful blue sea.  I could not be happier that we were able to introduce Hudson to this magnificent place. A place that I hope will provide many happy memories for him throughout his life, as well.

And so with a big smile, I introduce Beach Week....my tribute to Hudson's wonderful first trip to the beach.


{"Where are we?"}


{easing his way into the sandy surroundings}


{beach baby}


{"I think I like the beach."}


{toes in the sand}


{"I don't need any stinkin' hats!"}


{first glimpse of the ocean}


{big smiles at the beach}


{testing the waters}


{"Oh NO! I don't want to get my feet wet!"}


{"Wait...this is kind of fun!"}


{"Yes, yes. I like the feeling of the tide on my toes!"}


{"Wheee!" Can we stay for awhile?"}

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

Hudson you were such a sweet boy at the beach. I wish you liked hats, you look so cute in them. Good pictures of your first trip!! I love the one of your sweet toes in the sand. I will miss all of your hugs. I love you.

abehel said...

Ashley, I remember your first trip to the beach and the little hat and red bathing suit you wore.Looks like Hudson had fun on his first beach trip.