5.02.2010

List Nine - What's in my Purse?

I love purses. Purses come in different shapes, sizes, and colors. They can be made of leather, canvas, or cloth. Some are big enough to use as an overnight bag, while others are so tiny they can barely hold a tube of your favorite lip gloss. I don't think I've ever met a purse I didn't like.

When you carry a purse, over time, random things tend to collect in the many nooks and crannies that make up the interior of your beloved bag.  A woman's purse becomes the receptacle of various and sundry items from every member of the family.  Everyone is guilty of handing things off to the female of the group...."Hey, could you put this in your purse?" As a matter of fact, I would be willing to bet that if you took a glance into your purse right now, you would find at least one thing that isn't yours. And then, there are the random items that do belong to you: the ridiculous key rings, movie ticket stubs, cosmetic supplies, restaurant mints, dental floss, shopping receipts, even things you might need if at any given time you were to find yourself stranded on a deserted highway....your bag is chock full of things you don't need! Before you know it, your purse weighs about 30 pounds, and you've solved the mystery of why your shoulder is killing you.

I just got a new purse. It's a fresh start, so I'm going to try my hardest to consilidate the contents to only the things I must have in my purse. If I can succeed, I know that my shoulder will thank me.

1. My Wallet containing driver's license, credit cards, money, etc.

2. Gum

3. Mace



4. iPhone

5. Mirror

6. Lipstick

7. Mini Hairbrush

8. Car & House Keys

9. Hand Sanitizer

10. Aleve

11. Sunglasses

12. Pen

What's in your purse?

(9 down, 43 to go)

No comments: