4.20.2010

Celebration

I adore little dinner parties. All kinds...Sunday night chicken dinners. Summer Grill-Outs in the backyard. No-frills, Wednesday night, after-work suppers. Mexican Fiestas. Sometimes nothing is better than enjoying good food and great conversation with friends and family.  

Last night, Will and I hosted a lovely little dinner to celebrate my sister-in-law's 28th birthday. I had such a fun time planning the meal, and preparing our home for guests. I had an even better time laughing with close friends and family, eating delicious food, and singing happy birthday. I decided to serve tasty Southern fare for our meal, because nothing's better than yummy southern comfort food. We started off with "Ashley's Special Salad", something I created a couple years back, and has come to be known as a favorite in my circle of friends....it's super easy and soo delicious! The main dish was a recipe I borrowed from Southern Favorite, Paula Deen: Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole. As with most of Ms. Deen's recipes, this dish didn't disappoint. Liza's favorite is macaroni and cheese, so I decided to serve a twist on the classic side dish. I've made all sorts of things for dinner parties, but there's a certain level of excitement when you tell people they'll be eating macaroni and cheese. And the perfect time to indulge in some mac and cheese is when you have a few other people to help you eat it! I made Macaroni Pies, which were fabulous and fun! Finally, for dessert, I whipped up some strawberry cupcakes with buttercream frosting and fresh berries on top. Couldn't think of a better way to finish a wonderful birthday celebration.



{Celebrate}


{Spring Blooms}



{Fresh Berry Cupcakes}



{Yum}
 
 
{the girls with one sleepy little boy}
 
 
{make a wish}
 

{Happy Birthday Liza}

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

I'm glad everything went well. Your gatherings are always so special and fun. The table looks pretty and the cupcakes look delicious!! That is a good picture of you girls and the sleepy little guy.